On Sun, 7 Nov 2021 23:00:01 -0600, Barbara Nitz wrote:

>>I notice these are now available from:
>>    <http://service.software.ibm.com/holdata/390holddata.html>
>
>Yes, I found that out when I needed the lastest holddata. I had forgotten to
>use IE (as long as we still have that) and had used Edge

Does Edge force the HTTPS-Only Mode that Joel mentioned?

The page above (still) has sample JCL for batch download via FTP.
How might one download an HTTPS resource in batch?  Would it
require Co:Z and/or Ported tools (curl)?

Extra credit if one can un-TERSE a ".bin" instance without using a temp data
set.

> ... (no Firefox, no Chrome here) and it worked. Now I can only hope that IBM
> will no longer put ptf documentation inside a ++HOLD DOC as ftp links or as
> links to public data stores. IE will go away here soon and access to data
> stores gets blocked every time.
?
What's a "data store"?  Will downloads of HTTPS resources be prohibited?
What about ShopZ and RECEIVE ORDER?

-- gil