-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2021 3:36 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Moron of the day -- me!

On Tue, 30 Nov 2021 20:07:08 +0000, Pommier, Rex  wrote:

>I always took the NOT CATALOGED 2 as meaning "I'm not cataloging this
>dataset because then there would be 2 of them in the catalog which
>can't happen".  :-)

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.1.0?topic=messages-ief287i__;!!KjMRP1Ixj6eLE0Fj!952F0h9viLUy4kmDoFPA2IbleDykxXeepOsC_CMPU1L-V9I_Kr43kiMBDCReMHGACA$

Enough, already?  (Actually, 2 much.)

I loathe messages such as this in which "2" could indicate any of 5 different
explanations.  They should have distinct reason codes.

-- gil

Hmm, learned something new.   Guess I never bothered looking up the message
since I knew it meant there was one already cataloged.

The information contained in this message is confidential, protected from
disclosure and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
distribution, copying, or any action taken or action omitted in reliance on it,
message and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard
copy format. Thank you.