wt., 14 gru 2021 o 15:12 Andrew Rowley <and...@blackhillsoftware.com>
napisaƂ(a):

> On 14/12/2021 12:30 am, Filip Palian wrote:
> > My intention was to share information about the vulnerabilities affecting
> > Java language. (Without performing a proper comparison) I'd prefer not to
> > get into discussion about one language being less secure than another.
> "Java is insecure" is an implicit comparison with other languages. If
> there isn't another language that is more secure, the statement is as I
> said, unfair.

I didn't state in this thread at any point that "java is insecure".

It does sound like it is effectively a sandbox bypass. Can you run other
> languages e.g. C in the same environment securely?

Unfortunately, I won't be able to answer this question.

> If one language has
> security but there are occasional vulnerabilities discovered, and
> another has no security at all, is it reasonable to call the first
> insecure?

In order to compare security of programming languages one would have to
consider technical and non-technical aspects.

For example:
- Frequency at which security fixes are released (and how quickly they're
available since vulnerability discovery/report);
- The entire SDLC process;
- Built-in security controls such as type-safety, safe memory management
etc.;
- Number of already identified vulnerabilities in the implementation.
- and much more.

As always, the right tool for the right job should be used at the right
time.

Cheers,
s1m0n