From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of Don
Poitras
Sent: 25 December 2021 03:15
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Help with switching an IP:PORT to TLS V1.2

AT-TLS is mutually exclusive with applications that actually call SSL functions
(OpenSSL, GSK, etc.). The "AT" part means "Application Transparent". i.e, the
program just uses sockets and doesn't deal with encryption at all. There's no
way to set TLS 1.2 until one answers the question as to what's actually being
used.