> I believe I’ve tried that before. When I specify a new volume ID
> (one that does not currently exist), I get this message:
>
> Volume 25XCAT is not mounted or does not exist.
>
> If I have to format the volumes myself, I’m ok with that. But that
> sort of defeats the purpose of the GUI.

Ah, sorry, yes you are correct, I did not understand you wanted to define
a new volume that currently does not exist.  z/OSMF Software Management
does not have the capability to define (format?) a new volume.

Kurt Quackenbush -- IBM,  z/OS SMP/E and z/OSMF Software Management
Chuck Norris never uses CHECK when he applies PTFs.