> Am 10.01.2022 um 15:34 schrieb David Crayford <dcrayf...@gmail.com>:

>>> If it's not necessary then why did you make such a big deal about it?
>> Well if you have really read the entire post you should know. Without
>> implementing the message
>> paradigm things become clumsy and some important features, if you need them,
>> are simply not available.
>>

> I'm still completely baffled by the why not implementing the "message
> paradigm" is clumsy. Returning "self" from a method makes sense to me. What
> if I'm creating a class which supports method chaining
> but some methods return values other than self. Nothing you are saying makes
> sense to me. It's dogma.

No, there is no dogma here, just a description that a mechanism is available in
ooRexx by default that needs explicit programming in other languages which wish
to be as fluent as ooRexx! ;)

Just try it out. Many times new concepts that look alien at first or even
unnecessary become more understandable by experimenting itj. Given your
background I am sure that you would grasp these concepts quite quickly. J

—-rony

Rony G. Flatscher (mobil/e)