I think that's how we allowed group owners to manage their own group and password change/reset without bothering the RACF ADMIN

but that was many moons ago :(

Carmen

On 1/12/2022 12:33 PM, Wayne Bickerdike wrote:
GROUP SPECIAL may work.

On Wed, Jan 12, 2022, 22:04 Gadi Ben-Avi<gad...@malam.com>  wrote:

The user issuing the command also has CONTROL access to IRR.PWRESET.TREE

It seems like it won't work, and I'll have to find a workaround.

Gadi

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List<IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>  On Behalf
Of Attila Fogarasi
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2022 12:48 PM
To:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Change password

For completeness, also through Facility IRR.PWRESET.OWNER or
IRR.PWRESET.TREE or by being owner of the user profile, for ordinary
userids.
However userids with some powerful attributes, such as SPECIAL,
OPERATIONS, AUDITOR and PROTECTED cannot be manipulated without having
SPECIAL authority.

On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 9:41 PM Itschak Mugzach <