From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Timothy Sipples
Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2022 8:24 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: migrate from DS8884 to DS8910F

Rex Pommier wrote:
>As far as the DR configuration, you may want to consider whether you
>want to use the 8884 for DR.  They're falling off support at the end of
>this year.

Are you sure about that? The IBM DS8884 was only Withdrawn from Marketing on
June 30, 2020, and some of them (the 2834-984 model) included 4 years of
warranty service, i.e. warranty coverage ending as late as mid-2024. I don't
see any End of Service announcement yet.

- - - - - - - - - -
Timothy Sipples
I.T. Architect Executive
Digital Asset & Other Industry Solutions IBM Z & LinuxONE
E-Mail: sipp...@sg.ibm.com

The information contained in this message is confidential, protected from
disclosure and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
distribution, copying, or any action taken or action omitted in reliance on it,
message and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard
copy format. Thank you.