Ho Tom,

Once they got root, they were able to unload racf DB that was not well
protected and run an (open source) password cracker. They had time to get
many user passwords. No user SVC was involved, not needed. I don't know
where David collects his information, but the breach is well documented in
many reports.

Best,
ITschak

*| **Itschak Mugzach | Director | SecuriTeam Software **|** IronSphere
Platform* *|* *Information Security Continuous Monitoring for Z/OS, zLinux
and IBM I **|  *

*|* *Email**: i_mugz...@securiteam.co.il **|* *Mob**: +972 522 986404 **|*
*Skype**: ItschakMugzach **|* *Web**: www.Securiteam.co.il  **|*