Here is a simple question that has a simple answer - I hope!

I have a process that takes input from several standard MVS files, and creates a temporary file (sometimes small, sometimes ginormous). Our shop is using SFTP to send files to another server, and I am not sure how to code the "cp" command to put this temp file into an HFS directory so I can send it. I can work with standard, catalogued files without a problem, but was hoping i could use a temp file here.

What do y'all think? Can I do a cp command with a temp file, or do I need to have a catalogued file?

Thank you and best regards,
Billy Ashton