Hi Peter,

Follow the rule of the attached STIG:

SYS1.PARMLIB is not limited to only system programmers.

Overview
Finding IDVersionRule IDIA ControlsSeverity
V-108 ACP00010 SV-108r2_rule DCCS-1
<https://www.stigviewer.com/controls/8500/DCCS-1>DCCS-2
<https://www.stigviewer.com/controls/8500/DCCS-2>DCSL-1
<https://www.stigviewer.com/controls/8500/DCSL-1>ECAR-1
<https://www.stigviewer.com/controls/8500/ECAR-1>ECAR-2
<https://www.stigviewer.com/controls/8500/ECAR-2>ECAR-3
<https://www.stigviewer.com/controls/8500/ECAR-3> High
Description
SYS1.PARMLIB contains the parameters which control system IPL,
configuration characteristics, security facilities, and performance.
Unauthorized access could result in the compromise of the operating system
environment, ACP, and customer data.
STIGDate
z/OS RACF STIG <https://www.stigviewer.com/stig/zos_racf/2019-12-12/>
2019-12-12
Details
Check Text ( C-676r1_chk )
a) Refer to the following report produced by the Data Set and Resource Data
Collection:

- SENSITVE.RPT(PARMRPT)

Automated Analysis
Refer to the following report produced by the Data Set and Resource Data
Collection:

- PDI(ACP00010)

___ The ACP data set rules for SYS1.PARMLIB allow inappropriate (e.g.,
global READ) access.

___ The ACP data set rules for SYS1.PARMLIB do not restrict READ, UPDATE
and ALTER access to only systems programming personnel.

___ The ACP data set rules for SYS1.PARMLIB do not restrict READ and UPDATE
access to only domain level security administrators.

___ The ACP data set rules for SYS1.PARMLIB do not restrict READ access to
only system Level Started Tasks, authorized Data Center personnel, and
auditors.

___ The ACP data set rules for SYS1.PARMLIB do not specify that all (i.e.,
failures and successes) UPDATE and/or ALTER access will be logged.

b) If all of the above are untrue, there is NO FINDING.

c) If any of the above is true, this is a FINDING.
Fix Text (F-25790r1_fix)
The IAO will ensure that update and alter access to SYS1.PARMLIB is limited
to system programmers only and all update and alter access is logged.

Review access authorization to critical system files. Evaluate the impact
of correcting the deficiency. Develop a plan of action and implement the
changes as required

The IAO will implement controls to specify the valid users authorized to
update the SYS1.PARMLIB concatenation. All update and alter access to
libraries in the concatenation will be logged using the ACP's facilities.

1. That systems programming personnel will be authorized to update and
alter the SYS1.PARMLIB concatenation.
2. That domain level security administrators can be authorized to update
the SYS1.PARMLIB concatenation.
3. That System Level Started Tasks, authorized Data Center personnel, and
auditor can be authorized read access by the IAO.
4. That all update and alter access is logged.

*| **Itschak Mugzach | Director | SecuriTeam Software **|** IronSphere
Platform* *|* *Information Security Continuous Monitoring for Z/OS, zLinux
and IBM I **|  *

*|* *Email**: i_mugz...@securiteam.co.il **|* *Mob**: +972 522 986404 **|*
*Skype**: ItschakMugzach **|* *Web**: www.Securiteam.co.il  **|*