From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Tony Harminc
Sent: Monday, March 7, 2022 12:05 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: UUID mapping

On Mon, 7 Mar 2022 at 13:51, Pierre Fichaud <pr...@videotron.ca> wrote:

>     I am trying to find a DSECT that maps the flavors of the UUID (DCE flavor
> to be specific) but can't seem to find it.
>     UUIDs are involved in RACF Callable Services.

1) I had it in my head that DCE support in z/OS was dropped some years
ago. But maybe I'm imagining that, since there is still some doc for
it.

2) The ALU command help says:

  The UUID is a 36-character string that consists of numeric and
hexadecimal characters. This string must have the delimiter character
(-) in positions 9, 14, 19, and 24.
  The general format for the UUID string is
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx, in which x represents a valid
numeric or hexadecimal character.

(This applies to both the home-cell-UUID and the DCE principal UUID.)

Do you want/expect a mapping of what's in each of those five sections?
Why are you unwilling to treat it as a BLOB?

3) You might ask on the RACF list.

Tony H.