IEBPDSE is useful for "verifying the integrity" of a PDSE [directory].
 It provides no alternative to missing SMF records.

It is, however, of great interest.  If you specify the DUMP PARM
option it produces a dump of the target corrupt PDSE directory when it
finds a flaw.  I have learned a lot about the internal organization of
a PDSE from studying these dumps, although I am sure that I have
learned only things that IBM wants me to be able to learn.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA