I have completed all of the paperwork and paid my money. The last I heard,
the log4j business was indeed soaking up all of the bandwidth they had to
devote to such things, but they expected to have something to send out by
mid-February, and everything taken care of and ready to go by mid-March.
Obviously, they haven't made either date. I haven't gotten my USB dongle,
either.

The date on my license is mid-January. I'm hoping they extend it.

On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 11:41 PM Grant Taylor <
0000023065957af1-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> On 3/22/22 10:37 PM, Brian Westerman wrote:
> > Has anyone heard any news about the lower cost z/PDT lately?  I was
> > on the list, but everything seems to have been dropped.
>
> I heard from someone that they had completed the paperwork and were
> waiting on the approval as of early this year.  From what they were
> saying, they were expecting to be in possession of a license by now.
>
> Sorry, I don't remember who and even if I did, I wouldn't share without
> their permission.  ;-)
>
> I also heard through the grape vine that IBM had just about all hands on
> deck for the Log4J fiasco, all platforms.  As such, people that were
> working on the hobbyist / student licensing were re-assigned for a
> while.  I'm speculating that they are now back on task.
>

> --
> Grant. . . .
> unix || die

Jay Maynard