On Thu, 5 May 2022 12:23:30 +0000, Seymour J Metz <sme...@gmu.edu> wrote:

>I can parse that sentence two ways:
>
>  1. SUBCOM iis available for the environment name MVS and TSO.
>  2. SUBCOM is available for all of the MVS environment and all of the TSO
> environments
>
>For the second reading, "that is" makes sense; for the first reading it does
>not. In either case, SH should be listed for both TSO and non-TSO.
>
>Na�vely, I would expect that SUBCOM will only work in ATTACH, ATTCHMVS,
>ATTCHPGM, LINK, LINKMVS, LINKPGM, MVS and TSO.

The "SUBCOM" command is available in TSO and MVS bcommand environments.  That
is, you can
     Address MVS "SUBCOM whatever"
or
     Address TSO "SUBCOM whatever"

At the same time, it's available in all REXX runtime environments because the
exec can explicitly Address MVS to issue it, even while in ISPF or another
command environment".  It's a very poorly-worded description.

To Gil's point: Can you issue "EXECIO" or "SUBCOM" from the TSO command line?
If not, it's not a TSO command - it's just part of the *REXX* TSO command
environment.

Alan Altmark
IBM