I had occasion a few minutes ago to note to myself, in a non-computer
context, that twice 66 is 132.  "How" (an imaginary grandchild asked in my
head) "did you know that so fast?"  The answer, of course, is that if a
computer programmer is old enough he knows 132 characters is the usual width
of the old greenbar paper, and 66 is half of that.

But it led me to wonder.  Punch cards are now an expensive antique.  Do they
even make greenbar paper any more?  Does anyone know?  Just curious.

---

/* ...The New York Times Sunday magazine ran a cover story headlined, Can
Miami Save Itself?  The story went on for many words, but it boiled down to
one: "No". ΒΆ We at Tropic were, naturally, grateful to The Times for going
to the trouble of coming here and discovering that our city had problems.
In an effort to return the favor, we sent me and photographer Chuck Fadely
up to New York on an objective fact-finding trip to see if New York was a
rude, filthy, overpriced hellhole or what.  -from _He's Not Making This Up_
by Dave Barry */