From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
esst...@juno.com
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2022 10:53 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [EXTERNAL] How To Handle RACROUTE logic

Hello,
.
I'm not a RACF person.
.
I'm developing two routines to check a userids authority to access a resource
in a RACF Facility Class.
.
One routine issues RACROUTE REQUEST=FATSAUTH, and the other issues RACROUTE
REQUEST=AUTH.
Both requests work well when checking for an individual user.
.
The User Id may or may not be part of a Group that has access to a Facility
Class Resource.
..
How should both functions approach this, without knowing if the user belongs to
a RACF group ?
Should I examine the ACEE First, to see if the User Id is part of a Group ?
Do I need to issue two RAROUTE calls in each routine one for a single userid
and a second for the userids group ?
Can I issue the RACROUTE for a single user regardless if the user id belongs to
a group or not ?
.
I would prefer to issue a single RACROUTE call in each routine.
.
I need help understanding this.
.
What is the recommended approach ?
.
paul.
..

The information contained in this message is confidential, protected from
disclosure and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
distribution, copying, or any action taken or action omitted in reliance on it,
message and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard
copy format. Thank you.