The standard header is still a one byte field, so 0:255 captures them all.

At each dump/off-load, I segmented our SMF records by category/interest-group and anticipated retention period to reduce the processing resources and time by not having to process record types that ere superfluous. As an example:

* CICS 110.1.3 transaction detail and further segmented by region grouping 9production, development, etc) * CICS 110.1.1 dictionary records for preparation of processing the tracnsaction detail 110.1.3 records
   * CICs exception records
   * CICS DOMAIN interval records
   * DB2 101
   * DB2 100/102
   * RMF 70 and 72
   * RMF device 74.1
   * Security 80
   * WLM 99
   * Dataset 14/15/60-series
And a number of others, but this set should give you an idea of ho this approach orked.

Michael