This is hilarious.

The datacenter is dead – at least according to FedEx, which announced plans to
close its server farms and transition completely to the cloud, where it hopes
to save an estimated $400 million annually.

The insinuation being the “cloud” will replace servers. When the reality is,
FEDEX is simply outsourcing to MSFT. Everything will still be done via servers
. Data centers are everywhere and are still being built.

Plus, this transition started 2-3 years ago. Most of FEDEX’s workload was long
gone from the mainframe.

Certain people on here salivate when the mainframe loses a customer. Including
the quasi journalists at the Register. 20 years from now, the mainframe will
still be processing most of the worlds critical transactions.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone