I recently thought I had sent this question to the list but nobody replied
and even my message didn't appear in the list.

At the risk of spamming the list I thought I would try again since it seems
there must be folks on the list who are using Metro Mirror and have made
conscious decisions about freeze/stop and freeze/go

Thanks