On Sat, 16 Jul 2022 12:32:03 -0400, Tony Harminc wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Jul 2022 at 17:56, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
>>
>> In the z/OS UNIXI Ref. for BPXCOPY I read:
>> • The message output ddname is associated with an MVS data set.
>>  The default ddname is SYSTSPRT,     ... If BPXCOPY is invoked
>>  from ..., a TSO/E CALL command with the asis option, ..., you can
>>  specify an alternative ddname.
>[...]
>
>I'm also suspicious about the SYSTSPRT part. If it's foreground TSO,
>SYSTSPRT is not used for terminal I/O. If it's TSO in a batch job, it
>is, but it's opened by the TMP, and an application trying to reopen it
>will presumably fail.

It sometimes works to OPEN multiple DCBs concurrently on a single DDNAME.
It probably works poorly if RECFM is  Blocked.

And not at all in CMS where the doc for OS emulation contains the disclaimer
that if no IBM product does something, it doesn't need to work.

But z/OS LMPUT works surprisingly well creating multiple members of
a PDSE concurrently, although ENQ EXC restricts this to a snigle job.

--
gil