LOLOLOLOL see AIG.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 7:01 PM, Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org>
wrote:

No, I would guess that the two insurance companies are on the hook, at least
each for their 50% share, no matter how well or poorly their investments do. I
would guess that their full faith and credit is on the line. Your insurance
company never says "sorry 'bout your house burning down. We invested *your*
premiums in Theranos. Is there anything else we can help you with?"

True, there is no upside for the pensioners, but that is kind of the nature of
a defined benefit plan. There is no up potential, and relatively little down
potential. (Yes, everything comes with some risk.)

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Bill Johnson
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2022 2:51 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: IBM pension 16 billion offloaded.

No it isn’t just a financial thing. They transferred the money & liabilities to
a firm that thinks it can turn a profit on the investment. The current IBM
pension liability was over funded. (Over 100%) If the new pension fund owner
invests in say Bitcoin and loses 2/3 like Bitcoin did over the past year, those
pensions are at risk. There’s no upside risk to the pensioners, but there is
downside risk.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 5:01 PM, Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org>