On Thu, 15 Sep 2022 13:56:38 -0500, Lionel B. Dyck wrote:

>This explains how to enable the man pages in omvs
>https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.1.0?topic=utilities-enabling-man-pages

A more recent edition:
<https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.3.0?topic=utilities-enabling-man-pages>

>BUT - is there a way to update this with additional man pages - say some
>from Rocket (i.e. curl) ?

Alas, I see:
<https://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799.2008edition/utilities/man.html>:
    The historical MANPATH variable is not included in POSIX because no attempt
is
    made to specify naming conventions for reference page files, nor even to
mandate
    that they are files at all.

Bummer.  I would have hoped for something such as
    MANPATH=/usr/man/%L:/usr/lpp/com.rocketsoftward/man

Are the Bookie pages formatted on-the-fly or are formatted versions cached?

--
gil