On Sun, 18 Sep 2022 16:35:57 +0000, Seymour J Metz wrote:

>Net Nannies embody an advanced technology known as Artificial Stupidity (AS);
>this same technology can be seen in rext to voice and voice to text features,
>as well as in filters that block legitimate medical sites while failing to
>block some pornographic sites. In this case I believe that the damage was
>cause by the URL rewriting in GMU's email server. And, no, there is no way to
>turn it off.

Where's rot13 when you need it?  And in days of yore I was accustomed to
seeing writers penetrate (euphemism) nannies by encrypting message bodies
and simply appending the decryption keys in the clear.

>Well thought out security measures are a blessing; shooting from the hip is a
>curse. Sort of like auditors, when they are good they are very, very good, and
>when they are bad they are horrid.

It would be less computational cost for nannies to verify blessed URLs and
pass them on untransformed.  But then they wouldn't be able to track the
recipients.  Similarly for URL shorteners: what's the likely business model
for providers of such services?

--
gil