https://listserv.ua.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind2111&L=IBM-MAIN&P=R28794&X=O14039FAB4B2233B763&Y=d10jhm1%40us.ibm.com

Jim Mulder z/OS Diagnosis, Design, Development, Test  IBM Corp. Poughkeepsie NY

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
David Janicek
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2022 4:49 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: IPCS VERBX 64bit storage

Hi all.  I am new to this list but I have searched the archives for an answer
to my question already without any luck.

I am responsible for maintaining an IBM IPCS VERBX (verb exit) that analyzes
our application dumps and points out any inconsistencies in it.  We are in the
process of moving some of our data above the bar (ATB) and I need to update the
VERBX to analyze that data.  Unfortunately the IBM doc has virtually nothing on
how to access 64bit storage in an IPCS dump via a VERBX.  I searched the
internet and the only clue I found was a 7 year old post on this site by Don
Poitras.  He listed a routine in C that would access 64bit (and 31bit) storage.
 I have tried to mimic that code in assembler but I haven't gotten it to work
yet.  I am posting my code at the end of this listing.  My hope is that someone
will either point out the error of my ways or, instead, simply post their code
that does the same thing.  When I attempt to access 64bit storage, I get the
following messages:

Dump analysis will be incomplete.
  XSSP passed by exit PLATFORM is not valid.
  Equate Symbol record failed consistency check.

Here's my code that I'm using.  Thanks in advance for your time on this.