On Tue, 18 Oct 2022 05:23:24 -0400, Mike Shaw wrote:

>We use IEBUPDTE for Assembler source change application. SUPERC can compare
>two source programs and generate a Delta file in IEBUPDTE format.

But, dammit, the UPDMVS8 option requires that both comparands have
valid sequence numbers.  UPDCMA8 requires only that the OLD
comparand have valid sequence numbers.  Why!?

I wrote a script to use UPDCMS8 (not hard to reverse-engineer) and
convert to IEBUPDTE format, supporting undisciplined coders who
used non-numbering editors and delivering numbered ++MAC elememts
to customers.

>We even use IEBDG as part of a process when packaging our product elements
>for customer download.

Details?  I'm unfamiliar with IEBDG.  I thought it was for generating test data.

--
gil