Thanks all it appears our firewall is preventing us from using the FTP process
as we get redirected as mentioned below

> It appears the FTP function for downloading a new version of tapetools has
> been shutdown.
> > >
> > > public.dhe.ibm.com
> > > EZA1554I Connecting to: public.southdata.ibm.com 170.225.126.18 port: 21.
> > > EZA2590E connect error from initIPv4Connection - EDC8127I Connection
> > > timed out.

Port 20 and 21 are generally considered unsecure so even ftp.software.ibm.com
gets redirected.

So it seems the only way to download Tapetools for us from now on is
https://public.dhe.ibm.com/storage/tapetool.

Regards,

John Benik