>> But:  With  decimal point? without decimal point?

Gil,

DFSORT can process with or without the decimal point. Using the format UFF we
strip off the decimal point.  UFF (unsigned free form numeric) format extracts
decimal digits (0-9) from right to left anywhere in the field to form a
positive number. Any
combination of characters is valid, but characters other than 0-9 are ignored.
So, I first removed the decimal point using 58,08,UFF,M11,LENGTH=7,  and then
converted the date to Gregorian format

>> 4-digit year? 2-digit year?

DFSORT can convert both 4 digit and 2 digit years. Here is the table which
shows the TOJUL and TOGREG output date fields

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.5.0?topic=statements-outfil-control#oufcst__tatodf

>> Sliding window centered on current year?

DFSORT prints a message ICE168I about the sliding window when processing the 2
digit years.

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.5.0?topic=messages-ice168i

We also provide a runtime option to override it called Y2PAST which can set the
sliding year

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.5.0?topic=ssc-example-6

Thanks,
Kolusu