I am trying to migrate a simple CCW to tape test program from zVSE to z/OS to help a customer. EXCP on z/OS is new to me. The program is reading the label so I have BLP in the JCL and am running authorized and within the correct initiator for BLP.

The OPEN and CLOSE using BLP works, but when I try a simple read, I get:

SYSTEM COMPLETION CODE=200  REASON CODE=00000313

Thoughts?

One think I am worried about is that I read into an area within the program, not a GETMAINed area, but I compiled with NORENT

Some of the areas:
CCB001_ECB DS    A(0)
CCB001     DS    0F                   IORB
CCB001_IOB      DS    0F
CCB001_IOBFLAGS DC    XL2'4300'
CCB001_IOBSENSE DC    XL2'0000'
CCB001_IOBECBAD DC    A(CCB001_ECB)
CCB001_IOBCSW   DC    A(0)
CCB001_IOBCSWFL DC    XL2'0000'
CCB001_IOBRESDL DC    H'00'
CCB001_IOBCCWAD DC    A(CCW00101)
CCB001_IOBDCBAD DC    A(SYS020)
                DC    2A(0)
CCB001_IOBSEEK  DC    XL3'000000'       MBB
CCB001_IOBSRCH  DC    XL5'0000000000'   CCHHR

CCW00101 CCW   CCWC_RD,DATA0102,CCWF_SLI,RECL0102

DATA0102 DS    0D
         DC    1024XL32'00'
RECL0102 EQU   *-DATA0102

Tony Thigpen