On Wed, 9 Nov 2022 17:52:14 -0600, Mark Zelden <m...@mzelden.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 8 Nov 2022 05:42:56 -0600, Dave Jousma <david.jou...@53.com> wrote:
>
>>I appreciate all the comments.   What I need though is an external control,
>>like thruput manager.   The developer that did this didnt even know they were
>>tape files.   So to expect them to code something is nice, and this person is
>>now in the know on the subject, and will be going forward.
>>

>And Thruput Manager is a bunch of JES2 exits with dynamic settings controlled
>with JAL/DAL etc.   So one could code a JES2 exit / exits to address just this
>issue
>without purchasing ThruPut Manager.
>
>Best Regards,
>
>Mark
>--
>Mark Zelden - Zelden Consulting Services - z/OS, OS/390 and MVS
>ITIL v3 Foundation Certified
>mailto:m...@mzelden.com
>Mark's MVS Utilities: http://www.mzelden.com/mvsutil.html

And so as with other IBM/ISV software solutions that purport to "....solve a
problem..." such as the one focused on this topic-thread (i.e., ThruPut Manager
Drive Booking Services / DBS), consider that BMC's ThruPut Manager solution
solves numerous z/OS batch job management challenges...of course, for a
price/renewal cost.  And doing so all without exits/hooks that may be
system-level dependent.

Scott Barry
SBBTech LLC