On Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 06:06:43PM -0600, g...@gabegold.com wrote:
> Fiche was fun.

yes, definitely.

I remember using fiche two versions back (save that old fiche) to help
make a fix in VTIOC (TSO/VTAM) hung users which couldn't be canceled.

And telling OPEN/CLOSE/EOV the line number containing the change they
had made which broke my program (they said it explained a lot of other
things they had seen).

Also a small one bit change to 3830 microcode to prevent channel
disconnect (the 3830 was connected to a 360/91 selector channel).
Along with this was a 360 program run at IPL time which sent the 3830
a microcode program to zap the bit.

I always wonder how gradual OCO really was since there was a lot
of old fiche around.  But, I'd guess, gradually the fixes from the
field slowed down to a trickle.