1) There is no ENDREQ in the ZFile class.    The methods are pretty much
derived from the C library I/O functions.

One common thing that ENDREQ is used for is for using a VSAM ACB to submit jobs
to the internal reader and give you back the jobid.  JZOS does have a class
MvsJobSubmitter that does this.   It does not expose a low level VSAM api.

2) There is no fread_unlocked in the ZFile class.

You can use the javadoc or open the class file in an IDE to see exactly what
methods are there.

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies, LLC
http://coztoolkit.com
Dovetailed Technologies: +1 636.300.0901

Note: Our website and domain name have changed from dovetail.com to
coztoolkit.com