I am exactly executing in AMODE 64.

And so I need the high halves to be clear at all times.

Because I am using pure S/370 instructions.

Previously I was hoping that z/OS would be changed to
give a guarantee that the high halves were clear. Because
the only alternative I could see was doing an LMH myself
to clear them.

It is only in the last week or something that I realized there
was a S/370 instruction that would do the trick - LA.

BFN. Paul.