When you get the error, display zerrsm and zerrlm.

We need to see your code.

I think Seymour is asking the right question.

On Fri, 3 Feb 2023, 07:19 Cameron Conacher, <000003cfc59146bb-dmarc-
requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> Good Morning,
> I have a small REXX which essentially copies members of one PDSE to
> another.
>
> It iterates over members of the first PDSE and copies the members to the
> second PDSE.
>
> After about eighty members are copied, my LMOPEN fails with a return code
> of 8.
> I checked the manual and a return code of 8 from an LMOPEN means "The
> Dataset cannot be opened."
>  8
> Data set could not be opened.
>

> Is there somewhere I can see a bit more detail. Why the dataset could not
> be opened?
> I see nothing in the JES Log.
>
> Any thoughts appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>

> Cameron Conacher
> Senior Engineer
>
> American Express Canada Inc.
> GCICS
> 2225 Sheppard Avenue East, Toronto, ON  M2J 5C2
>
> cameron.conac...@aexp.com<mailto:cameron.conac...@aexp.com>
> Office: 1-437-836-5265
> Mobile: 1-416-409-5147
>
> https://amex.webex.com/join/cameron.conacher
>
> Note: I will be away from the office on PTO Friday February 3, 2023
>
> ________________________________
> American Express made the following annotations
> ________________________________
> This e-mail was sent to you by a representative of Amex Bank of Canada,
> P.O. Box 3204, Station "F", Toronto, ON, M1W 3W7, www.americanexpress.ca.
> If you no longer wish to receive these e-mails, please notify the sender by
> reply e-mail.
>
> This e-mail is solely for the intended recipient and may contain
> confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
> recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information
> included in this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
> error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and immediately and
> permanently delete this e-mail and any attachments. Thank you.
>
> American Express a fait les remarques suivantes
> Ce courriel vous a ?t? envoy? par un repr?sentant de la Banque Amex du
> Canada, C.P. 3204, succursale F, Toronto (Ontario) M1W 3W7,
> www.americanexpress.ca. Si, par la suite, vous ne souhaitez plus recevoir
> ces courriels, veuillez en aviser les exp?diteurs par courriel.
>
> Ce courriel est r?serv? au seul destinataire indiqu? et peut renfermer des
> renseignements confidentiels et privil?gi?s. Si vous n'?tes pas le
> destinataire pr?vu, toute divulgation, duplication, utilisation ou
> distribution du courriel est interdite. Si vous avez re?u ce courriel par
> erreur, veuillez en aviser l'exp?diteur par courriel et d?truire
> imm?diatement le courriel et toute pi?ce jointe. Merci.

OREXXMan
Q: What do you call the residence of the ungulate with the largest antlers?
A: A moose pad.
:-D
Would you rather pass data in move mode (*nix piping) or locate mode
(Pipes) or via disk (JCL)?  Why do you think you rarely see *nix commands
with more than a dozen filters, while Pipelines specifications are commonly
over 100s of stages, and 1000s of stages are not uncommon.
REXX is the new C.