On 14/02/2023 1:53 am, Steve Austin wrote:
Yes you are correct, and the assembler program would need to be added to
the program class. I had had hoped to find documentation to confirm what
I've seen and maybe find a way around it, but no luck so far.
I don't have exact documentation to hand, but I would be surprised if it was not required to be reentrant. It's not something I have specifically considered - it it possible to write non-reentrant C code? (As distinct from thread safe.)

I think your JNI program probably has to do the work of loading the assembler program itself for each call.

OR

Is it possible to recreate the assembler program functionality in Java? That is definitely more maintainable than JNI + Assembler, and might be easier - depending on the function.

--
Andrew Rowley
Black Hill Software