IRXJCL did not work.

The problem is, I will have to have ISPF because I will be using the ISPF Library management routines. This is why I have been working with the TSO BATCH environment.

At another site where I worked, I wrote a system for generating JCL to do compiles and deal with DB2 BIND, the translators, CICS, DB2, PROCOBOL, IDMS, and COBOL, HLASM, C++, EZTRV, Linkedit(s) etc.

So this is not my first time doing this stuff.

Since I got the same -3 when I attempted to do a "LINK" within REXX and the STEPLIB was missing the library that had the program we wanted linked to, I figured that I must be missing a library that contains LISTDSI.

So in Reading The Fine Manual (I went to a church college), I removed the ADDRESS TSO and this is what we get:

    34 *-* listdsi ('SYSUT1 FILE')
       >>>   "LISTDSI SYSUT1 FILE"
COMMAND LISTDSI NOT FOUND

Tomorrow is another day.