You may want to take a look at MIR (Medium Internal Representation) which is a framework for writing JIT's. It's experimental but looks to build on and improve LLVM. It supports codegen for s390x so should run fine on z/OS.

[1] https://github.com/vnmakarov/mir
[2] https://github.com/dibyendumajumdar/ravi