From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Paul Gilmartin [0000042bfe9c879d-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu]
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2023 1:00 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Unzip on z/OS ?

On Thu, 23 Mar 2023 16:00:40 +0000, Seymour J Metz wrote:

>What's wrong with goof old Infozip?

NIH.

jar works fine for me, except for files created with 7zip and some of its fancy
options.

It's very unlikely that zip creates an ASCII file.  Perhaps IBM-1252, UTF-8,
Quoted-Printable.
Base64, ...?  Or just binary.

with the "-aa" option, Info-Zip might convert ASCII members->EBCDIC, (FSVO
each.)

--
gil