I fine it interesting that a person by the name of Rex is bashing CLIST. Yep....

And yes, I do write JCL from scratch (answer the next post) because I right now, I'm working on migration code and need examples of certain constructs so I can make sure the migration code handles it correctly. Notice I did not say conversion (which I used to do DOS to MVS up to VSE-ESA to z/OS 1.2).

Oh, I haven't had to deal with it for a while, but as I recall there is a function that CLIST can do that REXX couldn't (well back in the 1990s). I wonder if that is still true.

Back to enjoying this thread.  :)

Steve Thompson