On Mon, 3 Apr 2023 04:57:02 +0000, Frank Swarbrick  wrote:

>(reply)  Call by content is enforced by the caller.  Call by value is enforced
>by the callee.

Ah.  In my jargon I'd use "declared".  So the callee is unaware of the
distinction between reference and content; it just sees an address in
either case.

Is "content" declared in a function prototype or at the point of call?
If the latter, I'd imagine that the same function could be called with
arguments by reference at one point and by content at another.

--
gil