PROBDESCAD=probdescad

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Tony Harminc [t...@harminc.net]
Sent: Monday, April 3, 2023 3:14 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Calling SVC 51

On Mon, 3 Apr 2023 at 13:41, Joseph Reichman <reichman...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Transaction dump requires IPCS as well it’s unformatted seems restricted to
> one address space

I'm confused. The result of SDUMP is also unformatted, hence that 4160
FBS (don't forget the "S").

(I shouldn't call it "unformatted"; it's not formatted for people to
read, but the dump records in those blocks are mapped by a strangely
nested set of macros starting with AMDDATA or BLSRPRD if you prefer,
so it's certainly structured and mostly documented data.)

So where, i.e. in what kind of record, would any message you want to
write actually go?

Tony H.