<snip>
@Ed Jaffe: thanks for the tip about the TEA, but where do you find it? IPCS
STATUS FAILDATA displays it but, in my dumps, PSA+90  and PDS+A8 both have zero
in the address part.
</snip>

I don't recall seeing what the reason code was with the 0C4. That is highly
relevant. But assuming it was a program interrupt for which there is a
translation exception ID (If this was 0C4-4 there might well not be a TEID) and
that that ID contains an address, I don't know why you would expect PSA+90 at
the time of a dump to have anything of relevance (especially in
z/architecture). And I have no idea what "PDS+A8" is, but perhaps you meant
PSA+A8. At the time of the program check PSA+A8 for 8 bytes was set with the
translation exception ID. That too has no relevance at the time of the dump.
The operating system would then have moved that somewhere else because PSA+A8
would then be set again on the next program interrupt that is defined to
provide a TEID.

That "somewhere else", for the simple case (not recursive program checks), is
LCCXLCCAPVAD which has the comment "Translation exception address (from
168-175)" which isn't architecturally accurate in that the value is not
necessarily an "address".

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design