I agree completely. It’s government’s job to protect the downtrodden &
redistribute income. Even people like Warren Buffett have pushed for higher
taxes on the wealthy. So what actually happened? The tax cuts of 2017 went
mostly to the top 1%. Sheldon Adelson saved 700 million. Not a bad return for
the 30 million he gave Republicans for the 2018 midterms or the donations he
made in 2016.

AI is going to cause many currently in the middle class and below to drop
further down. I think UBI, universal basic income will be necessary. Finland
has experimented with it and has seen promising results. Some US cities have
tried or are trying it. Other countries are implementing it. Most countries not
spelled America have universal healthcare. And WHO rates them higher than the
US. (WHO rates US healthcare 37th, France is number 1)

You’re also correct that income disparity causes other societal issues. Higher
crime & earlier deaths to name two.

Your kids deserve a fighting chance and if necessary government help.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone