David,

Yes DCOLLECT uses the DASD VTOCs vs the Catalog. Have scanned that as well to
verify no uncatalogued DSNs. Ultimately, I converted all our uncatalogued DSNs
(and old JOBs) to use cataloged DSNs and disallowed uncatalogued ones. The shop
was a JES3 shop (and had been using it from the beginning of JES3), and were
using uncatalogued DSNs for many System Specific DSNs. What a mess.

Al Ferguson       | mailto:afergu...@neptunescove.org
Milwaukee, WI USA |   http://www.neptunescove.org

Dulcius ex Asperis