On Wed, 24 May 2023 11:35:19 -0400, Steve Thompson <ste...@wkyr.net> wrote:

>RECFM=F,LRECL=4160,BLKSIZE=0 (I think blocking works with dumps now)

Yes SYSMDUMP can be blocked. But if it is going to be blocked, RECFM must be
FBS. RECFM=F will be unblocked.

>And SPACE=(CYL,100,30) I think that should be able to hold the
>whole dump.

Why such a small secondary allocation? That is a pretty small allocation for a
SYSMDUMP, though it may be adequate for the OP's region size. When I create a
SYSMDUMP in batch, and I do it several times a year,, I code
(CYL,(300,500),RLSE). DCB parameters need not be specified, as they will be
filled in properly by the system.

--
Tom Marchant