Wait a minute! Reusability of code and Object Orientation are totally different
things!

One might have a library of reusable COBOL subroutines that programmers could
cut and paste into their programs. (Or that worked in some other way.) No
object orientation necessary.

And there are lots of real-world problems that lend themselves to object
orientation. I am working on a C++ program at this moment that writes Rexx stem
variables via IRXEXCOM. It implements the common convention in which STEM.0
contains a count and STEM.n contains related records of some sort. I
instantiate it with a particular stem name. (Thus I can be creating any number
of differently named stems in parallel.) It has a put() method that
instantiates an SHVBLOCK class to hold the one record being put. It increments
the count. It has a finalize() method that calls IRXEXCOM to write the Rexx
variables including STEM.0. Is that not a real-world problem?

Charles