On Thu, Jun 01, 2023 at 12:33:39PM +0000, Seymour J Metz wrote:

> Transient SVC routines are supposed to be refreshable. That's important
> both for OS/360 SVC transient areas and ...

Yes, the transient area logic could overlay one module with another for a
higher priority task if needed (and suspend the task running the overlayed
module and refetch resume it later etc).

It alway sseemed to work though.

> IECIOSUP was the TTR update utility, and as I recall it was only
> relevant for O/C/EOV. The magic word is Where To Go (WTG) table.

open, close, eov, tclose, stow, scratch, allocate, setprt, atlas, some
TSO functions and ASR (machine check handling).

Lots of 1k modules, storage was expensive...