From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Kurt J. Quackenbush
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2023 2:43 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: zOSMF

EXTERNAL EMAIL: Do not click links or open attachments unless you know the
content is safe.

> > Is there anything easy we/IBM could do to move in the right direction?
>
> Examine the current system,
> create a script to set the equivalent values for z/OSMF?

Oh, so just like the Model function in z/OSMF Software Management?

When you install software, like z/OS, using z/OSMF, during the Configuration
step of the Deployment action in Software Management you have the option to
model the configuration on your existing installed software.  For example, if
you're installing z/OS 2.5, you can initialize the configuration to look a lot
like your existing z/OS 2.4 or 2.3 system.  In my opinion this is better than
the CustomPac saved configuration function since that configuration is dated
and stale, whereas your existing z/OS 2.4 or 2.3 is most likely something you
actively service and use in some capacity.

If you want to learn more about installing software using z/OSMF Software
Management you can check out this video tutorial series.
https://mediacenter.ibm.com/playlist/dedicated/101043781/1_mzzf31vy/1_f1qhec1j
In particular, at 57 seconds into the fourth video I describe the Model
function.

Kurt Quackenbush
IBM  |  z/OS SMP/E and z/OSMF Software Management  |  ku...@us.ibm.com

Chuck Norris never uses CHECK when he applies PTFs.

 [https://go.aciworldwide.com/rs/030-ROK-804/images/aci-footer.jpg]
<http://www.aciworldwide.com/>
This email message and any attachments may contain confidential, proprietary or
non-public information. The information is intended solely for the designated
recipient(s). If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this
email, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this email. Any review,
dissemination, use or reliance upon this information by unintended recipients
is prohibited. Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the author
personally.