From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Frank Swarbrick
Sent: 14 June 2023 19:17
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Unix file system ownership

I'm guessing this is hopeless, but figured I'd ask anyway.
For "some reason" we have separate RACF databases for each of our
environments (dev/test vs production).  Because of this (I think it's the
reason!) my Unix UID is different in production than in dev/test.  This
means that even though my personal Unix file system is mounted at the same
mount point in each, only in one of them (dev/test) do I technically "own"
it.  I'm wondering if there might be some way I can "own" it in both
systems.  Can UIDs be explicitly set to a particular value?  Or can one be
mapped to another?  Or something else?

to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN