Where are you seeing this or what is it called?  The only shortcut I of know is:

https://www-40.ibm.com/servers/resourcelink/lib03010.nsf/0/D78D2E0FE578329485258194006D1387/$file/SB10-7174-00.pdf

With FICON partition-to-partition communication technology, communication
between logical partitions of a single physical system can be achieved
utilizing only a single physical
FICON channel attached to a FICON Director switch.